If you haven’t shopped at Amazon, you have most definitely heard about it. More than half of the world’s population knows the store. It is the world’s largest online retailer and one of the greatest cloud service providers.
Founded back in mid-July 1994 by Jeff Bezos, the company was just a mere website that only sold books. It would later turn out to be one of the largest online stores selling just about everything there is to offer from electronics to appliances, to books, and more.
The main headquarters of Amazon is in Seattle, Washington. However, the company has multiple offices, customer service centers, individual websites, and fulfillment centers in different locations around the world. This is to enable them to accommodate their millions of users and provide a great user experience.
If you are an Amazon shopper veteran, then you already know the multiple different ways they have provided for payment selections. Online payments, Amazon credit Cards, and Amazon online accounts are just but some ways to access and purchase products from the company.
In this article, you will learn how to create your Amazon online account, all about Amazon credit card login, the different credit cards available, some of the login problems users experience and how to fix them, and the features and benefits of Amazon credit cards. Read on.
How to Apply for Your Amazon.com Credit Card (Store Card) Account?
First and foremost, Amazon being the largest online retailer in the entire world, you can already expect that it provides services for multiple kinds of people, from all walks of life, and for different purposes.
For that reason, the company offers a variety of different credit cards, each that comes with its own application process. All you have to do is choose what you need, according to your requirements and apply for it. You can also always apply for more than one card if you are eligible to.
Here is how you apply for their main amazon.com (store card) credit card;
- First step; visit Amazon credit cards marketplace
- This window will display all of their available cards. Search for amazon.com/ Store Card (it is the first option on the list, making it easy to find)
- Select the credit card to fill the short application form
- The next page will lead you to their “Apply Now” window
- Then sign-in page
- Just above the sign-in details, there is a “create a new Amazon account” tab. Click on it
- Opens a new window for you to fill a form and create your new Amazon account
- Enter your name
- Your email address
- Create your password
- Hit “create your new Amazon account”
While most people don’t care about the terms of service and privacy policies, it is important to read and understand the conditions. You don’t want to end up encountering a rude shock or some unpleasant surprises.
Amazon.com Sign in
If you thought creating your account was easy then the Amazon credit card login process is easiest. You are not required to fill a whole entire form in this process. Just one or two of your login details and you are good to go. Here is how you access your account;
- Visit the login page
- You will be asked to enter your; Email
- Then enter your Amazon password
- At this point, there is an option; “keep me signed in” to save your Amazon login details so you will always be automatically logged in every time you visit the login page. Hit the button to save your login details.
But remember, this is only recommendable if you are using your own personal device. Saving delicate details like your Amazon credit card login information on other people’s computers is a risk. It is the same as giving the next person who will use the device access to your account.
- Hit sign-in” and boom! You are done.
Amazon Credit Card Login
For your amazon credit card login;
- Visit the amazon login page
- You will be asked to enter your User ID (could be different from your amazon.com User ID)
- Your password
- You can hit the “Remember User ID” option to save your User ID to your browser
- Hit “secure login” to get into your account
Other Amazon Credit Cards you can easily apply for
As mentioned above, Amazon is a huge company, serving millions of people with different needs. They, therefore, offer different cards to attend to all their customers’ needs effectively and efficiently. Other different Amazon cards available that you can sign up for include;
- Amazon Prime Reward Visa Signature Card
- Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Cards
- Amazon Business American Express Card
- Amazon Secured Card
- Amazon Business Line of Credit
The best thing about all of these cards is that the application procedure is all the same and is super easy. Here is how the application forms look like;
- First, visit amazon.com
- From the navigation tab, find Amazon credit cards marketplace
- Click the card of your choice; the one you want to create an account for
- When the window opens, you have two options; “sign-in” and “Apply Now”
- Hit the “Apply Now” button and fill the short form
- Enter your name
- Your email
- Your Amazon password
- And create an account then “Sign-in”
Amazon Credit Card Features and Benefits
It is not in vain that Amazon is as popular as it is and that a lot of people are signing up for Amazon credit cards every day. It is definitely beneficial to create an amazon.com account, especially if you are an Amazon loyal customer.
If you find yourself shopping on Amazon every time, you should already be considering applying for your Amazon.com account. There are many benefits that come with it, especially for Amazon Prime Shoppers.
Here are some of the advantages you can expect with the Amazon Store Card;
- As soon as you create your Amazon account, you are eligible for their 5% cashback promotion on anything you buy at their online store. This goes all the way up to $149.
- You also have the option to stretch out your payments throughout a couple of months with 0% interest, instead of getting the 5% cashback on your payments.
- An alternative to this is 6 months financing instead of the 5% cashback on purchases more than $149, 12 months financing instead of the 5% cashback on purchases more than $599, and 24 months financing instead of the 5% cashback on any select Amazon-solid goods.
These offers are all great, especially if you are planning to make a huge purchase. Just make sure to pay all your dues before the 0% interest offer expires otherwise you will be in for a rude shock. It is also important to check out how their interests are compounded.
From the surface, the offer looks juicy. But when it expires, you are left to pay interests right from when you started purchasing. Read their terms on these offers as that is where the most significant details lie.
Other than the 5% discount and offers, you also have other great alternatives to benefit from when you sign up for the Amazon.com Credit Card account;
- The card offers 3% cashback on all purchases made on amazon.com
- 2% cash back on restaurants, gas stations, and drug stores
- 1% cashback on all the other purchases you make
- You also don’t get charged an annual fee with an amazon.com credit card and you can use it just about anywhere the card is accepted, not just Amazon.com.
Amazon Credit Card Login Common Problems Fixed
Being the world’s largest retailer doesn’t make Amazon a perfect company. Just like any other online accounts, you will at some point experience Amazon credit card login issues and other technical difficulties trying to access or perform different actions in your account.
That does not make Amazon unreliable though. Some of this may be caused as a result of your own actions, some may be caused by faulty browsers, and others may be caused by issues from amazon.com. Some of these issues are also easy to fix on your own, while others are pretty complex and might need you to contact their customer support center.
Here are some common problems and how you can easily fix them;
Amazon Credit Card Login Forgot Password
This is one of the most common Amazon credit card login issues. Luckily, it is also one of the easiest to fix. If you can’t log in to your amazon.com account because your password doesn’t work, or you have forgotten it, you can easily get back into your account using the following (very) simple procedure;
- On your browser, search for the Amazon Store Card login page
- This will require you to enter your login details; your User ID and Password
- Just below the “login” button after the box to enter your details, there are four links inclusive of forgot “User ID”, “Password”, “Register”, and “Apply Now”
- Hit the “forgot password link”
- The window has three steps to reset your password. First, enter your User ID
- Enter your Zip Code
- Then select your new password and confirm
- Hit “login” to get back to your account
Similarly, if you forget your user ID, you can easily recover this from the very same page, from the links provided above. Hit “Register” from this page to register/ create your Amazon online account if you haven’t yet.
Amazon Credit Card Login Password Not Working
Nothing is more frustrating than trying to log into your account and your password refuses to comply. There are many reasons why your Amazon credit card login password may not be working. The most common reason is that you have forgotten the password.
The only way to get back into your account if you have forgotten your password is by creating a new password. Follow the above procedure to reset.
Due to security reasons, sometimes Amazon may also authorize you to log into your account via other means like your email or phone. If your password doesn’t seem to work, look out for any Amazon texts or emails and follow the instructions given to get back into your account.
If you don’t get any messages or emails with instructions to log in from Amazon, then you might have changed your password just recently. Changing your password is not an issue as you can always change it anytime you feel you need to. It is actually recommendable to keep updating your password from time to time to enhance security.
However, the reason why this creates login difficulties is that you probably had saved your previous password in your browser and that is why there is a conflict. Make sure to always update your password on your browser, every time you create a new one.
If the problem persists even after resetting your password, you can always contact the customer support agent via their toll-free number if you are in the US and Canada (Charges apply for international users).
Having Trouble Registering an Account?
You may also come across difficulties trying to register your Amazon account for the first time. Some of the main reasons why this may happen are;
- Your device or application is using an outdated software
- You are providing incorrect account credentials.
Before you start the registration process, first make sure that the application or device you are using is running on the most recent updated version or the latest software.
Also, be keen to ensure that all the credentials you are providing are correct and match the requirements you are being asked for. This includes your email address and/ or the phone number (that includes your region code) you use to log in to your Amazon account.
Sometimes, you may also be required to first verify your account or provide additional information. If you have enabled your two-step verification on your account and are still having problems visit their “Resolve two-step Verification Issues” page to fix the issues.
Resolve Two-Step Verification Code Issues
Here are some of the common two-step verification code issues and how to fix them;
- If you don’t receive your code, click on the “didn’t receive code” button on your webpage where you were asked to enter the code. This uses any backup methods you might have saved. You can also choose a different method to receive your code other than email such as a voice call or SMS text.
- In the case where you receive your code but nothing happens when you enter it, it mainly could be an issue with your browser. Try clearing your cookies and cache and logging in again.