A lot of people lost their jobs, especially in the past couple of months, or rather two years or so. If you were among them, you have to know it was not your fault. And the good thing is that when a tragedy like this hits, you might also be eligible to get unemployment benefits or insurance payments depending on the state you are in.
If you live in NY, have been working for the last 18 months, and already have the NYC unemployment login access, you are eligible to file for an unemployment insurance payment. Those who meet all the requirements can claim their benefits every week for up to 25 weeks.
The amount of money you get or the benefits you are eligible for all depends on your past wages. This is the amount of money you were getting paid right before you got unemployed. The more the wages you were getting, the more the benefits you qualify for.
NYC Unemployment Login Online
The easiest way to go about your claims is to create access to NYC unemployment login details. This means you first have to create an account to get and monitor your benefits online. As long as you have the NY.gov ID, the process to certify your weekly benefits online is simple.
Check out the following step by step guide;
- First, visit their website to log in
- Navigate the “my online services” page to find “unemployment services”.
- Click the “certify to claim your weekly benefits here” button under the “unemployment services” then follow the next easy prompts to complete the process.
Signing up for an NY.gov ID
- Visit the my.ny.go site
- Find the “don’t have an account” option
- Under it, click the “sign up” button
- Fill the form accordingly; make sure to input your first and last names and your email address
- Create your username and password, and log in.
How to File for Unemployment Insurance?
Before filing for unemployment benefits, you first need to be acquainted with the terms and the process of being qualified. However, the procedure is not intimidating. You only need to confirm a few details and if everything is correct, you can start filing your claim. Here is a simple process;
- The very first step is to file a claim to get the benefits
- Then claim weekly benefits for every week
- Make sure you meet all the requirements to be eligible. These are also called Certifying for benefits.
- You are only eligible when you get a notice from the DOL (Department of Labor).
This means that you will be certifying for benefits every week, in order to continue receiving benefits. Monday counts as when the week starts and Sunday is the end. So you need to file your certifying benefits and claims every end of the week (Sunday) for the previous week. This is also referred to as the “claim window”.
NYC Unemployment Login Requirements
You obviously will need the correct login information for you to sign in successfully. The details you are required to provide are not anything out of your reach either. Especially since you were already employed previously, you should already have most of the details at hand.
Here are the essentials you require;
- An NY.gov ID is essential to sign up for your online account.
- If you already have the NY.gov ID, you then only need to remember your user name and password as you will be using this information every time you log in.
- In case you encounter any problems or have any questions and inquiries, there are a couple of ways you can contact the customer support team for help. They have a phone number on the site that you can use from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm from Monday to Friday.
The number is toll-free during business hours, meaning you wouldn’t be charged a cent for using it. You can also choose to email your questions and queries instead. It works just as fine.
The payment methods are not complicated. Usually, you will receive your benefits the very same way you were receiving your wages. Most of the time this could be via your bank or your debit card.
What You Should Know NYC Unemployment?
Even if the process sounds simple, you should know that it is always not the same for everyone. To some people, it proves to be a fast and stress-free procedure and within no time, they are already receiving their benefits without too many distractions.
On the other hand, it is not always easy for others. Sometimes you may be asked for more information. When this happens, you can also expect your benefits to take long before it gets to you. This is because they will also need more time to review your application.
It takes about two to three weeks, once you log in and certify, for payments to be made. This starts to count from when your claim is completed and processed. You might have to go through the process again if at all the process was not completed. Make sure to always check the terms of service.
If you are required to give more information, your application may take longer to be processed. This also means you wouldn’t be able to any benefits during this period for as long as your application reads incomplete. Your claim appears as “pending” in your dashboard.
The important thing to know is that NYC unemployment login is eligible for everyone as long as you are unemployed and qualifies for unemployment benefits. You also need to keep in mind that you have to keep claiming your weekly benefits, every end of the week.
Make sure to always keep your eyes on the mail to answer any possible questionnaires that might be sent to you. Sometimes it may be online forms, other times it could be scheduled phone calls, and other times you may be required to respond to some emails for clarity. Answering these immediately will help prevent payment delays.