Millions of emails are recorded to have been exchanged for both personal and official businesses this year already. Yahoo Mail is one of the most popular email software that has made this possible. You can use it to send and receive emails for business purposes, to friends and family, and for other issues.
It is free, easy to use, and convenient. You can also just download the Yahoo Mail app on your phone or log in directly via the web and use it anywhere, at any time, whenever needed. In this article, you are going to learn about all things Yahoo mail, from how to sign up and create an account to Yahoo Mail login, and more. Let’s get you started on how to set up your Yahoo Mail account.
How To Create an Account on Yahoo Mail?
Creating a Yahoo Mail account is simple. With a couple of personal details, you can have your account set up, log in, and within a few minutes have your businesses running. And the process is the same whether you sign up via the web or the app. Here is how the application procedure looks like;
- First things first, visit the signup page
- Enter your first name
- Enter surname
- Then provide your email address. It should look something along the lines of firstname.lastname@example.org
- You also have the option to sign up with your current email address
- After your email, enter your mobile number
- Your birth month, day, and year
- Next is for you to enter your gender. However, this is an optional prompt and you can choose to skip it
Your account will be immediately verified if all the information you entered is correct. You can then start sending and receiving your emails.
Yahoo Mail Login
If you are just getting started with Yahoo Mail, after you sign up you will immediately be redirected to your account. However, if you are a returning user, here is how the Yahoo Mail login process looks like;
- First, visit the login page
- Sign in using your username, email address, or phone number
- Then click “next” to input your password and complete the login process
In case you forget your username, there is a link on the very same page you can use to look it up; click the “forgot username” button on the page to get started.
On the next page, enter your email address or phone number and click “Continue” to complete the process of recovering your username.
Learn: How to Sign Up Hotmail or Outlook: Hotmail.Com- Outlook Login- Hotmail Login
Yahoo Mail Mobile App Setup
For convenience, you can choose to download the Yahoo Mail app instead of logging in from their main website every time. It is much faster and more convenient. And the good thing is that you can get the app regardless of the type of device you have; get it on Google App Store or Play Store for Android.
You can also download it on iPhone on iTunes Store, windows, and Web Apps. To get started with your Yahoo Mail login on mobile, check out the following steps;
- The very first step is to obviously download and install the app on your device
- Launch the app on your phone and tap to open it
- Once the app opens, click on the “create a yahoo mail account”
- The application form will pop up
- Enter your first and last names
- Email address
- Mobile phone number
- Date of birth
- Gender (optional)
- Click “Continue”
The next steps will be for security and verification of the information you just provided. You will be required to verify your phone number by a code they send to only your number via text. Use this code to verify your new account.
Learn: How To Apply For Best Buy Credit Card? Best Buy Credit Card Login
Yahoo Mail Login on Mobile Web Browse
The good thing is that whether you are using the web apps, mobile apps, or accessing your yahoo mail login via web browser, you still get the very same (great) experience with Yahoo Mail. And, the login process is also almost all the same.
To login on to your phone, click on your Yahoo Mail app to open it. In the same way like logging in via the main web address, you will be required to;
- Provide your email address
- Provide your password
- Click “login” to access your mails
If You Forgot Yahoo Mail Password How To Reset It?
Sometimes, you can forget your password. Or for whatever reason decide to change it. Whatever the case, there are different ways you can recover your Yahoo Mail login password. Here is the first method;
- Go to the yahoo recovery page
- Enter your email address, username, or phone
- On the next page, you will be prompted to enter your password, right below it, there is a “forgot password?” link
- Click on the link to start the process to reset your password
- Choose where you want your “account key”; your email or phone
- Once the “account key” is sent, enter it in the field provided
- Click verify and complete the rest of the process
Here is another way to recover your yahoo account using the secret questions you set when you were creating your account;
- Visit the yahoo contact’s page from the main website
- Then select “password and sign in”
- On the next page, select forgot password
- Enter your email address on the next page and click the “submit” button
- On the next window, click “use my secret question”
- Answer your security questions accordingly and click next
- Yahoo will prompt you to create a password.
- Click next to finish setting up your new password
Yahoo Mail Login ID Recovery
While passwords may seem like the most important login details, it is also frustrating if you forget or lose your user ID. You are not always required to use this, but some situations call you to have it at hand. Here is how to recover your Yahoo Mail login ID;
- Visit the helper page
- Click the “recover Yahoo ID” link
- Choose one of the recovery items options provided;
- Fill in with either your email address or phone number
- Click “Continue” and follow the instruction to recover your Yahoo Mail user ID
How to Use Yahoo Mail; The Basics Instruction
Yahoo mail is one of the easiest email services to use. You don’t need to have any technical knowledge to get started with it. Some of the basics of using Yahoo email include sending and receiving emails.
But it just does not end at Yahoo mail login and sending and receiving messages. There are other basic but important things like knowing how to format emails, handle attachments, saving and storing messages, and deleting emails, which all fall under the basics.
Here is how you format and send an email on Yahoo;
- Once you log in to your account, click “new”
- On this page, click “E-mail message”
- The screen that opens is where you compose your message. Type your email address after “Cc”
- Type the address of your recipient after “To”
- At the “subject” tab, type the subject line of your message or rather a sort of “title” of what your message is all about
- The rest of the space is for you to type your message
- Hit “send” once your message is done
How to receive, save, and respond?
Yahoo is always checking whether there is a new email, automatically. You can set a notification alert to be notified when there is a new incoming message. Open all the emails you have received, starting from the most recent, by clicking “inbox”.
If you have unread messages, you will easily recognize them because they are always in bold;
- Click “subject” or “sender” to read the message
- Hit “reply” if you want to reply to the email
- Click “forward” if you want to send a copy of that message to someone else
- Hit “spam” to move the message to the unwanted messages folder
- Hit “move” to move the message to another folder
- Hit “delete” to move the email to the trash folder. Note that, this does not mean you have deleted the message completely. You can always retrieve it as long as you haven’t emptied the trash yet.
All Yahoo Services in One Place
One of the best things about Yahoo is that you can access all their web services from one page.
Here are some things you are in for;
- Yahoo Answers
This is a sort of like a forum that allows you to ask any questions and get answered by other users, who are already experienced and dealt with the issues before.
- Yahoo Downloads
Yahoo downloads refer to the extensions available, which allow you to add to your browser and access their other features such as news, every time you log onto your account. You can also view your inbox from these extensions or even make yahoo our main search engine.
- Yahoo Entertainment
Yahoo entertainment gives you access to movies Showtime, celebrity news, music, news, and any other form of entertainment
- Yahoo Fantasy Sports
For sports fanatics, Yahoo Fantasy Sports is definitely for you. Just like the name suggests you get all news about all kinds of sports, scores, rumors, fantasy games, and everything sports.
- Yahoo Finance
Those who are interested in the finance industry are in for news on things like stock market information and other finance-related news.
- Yahoo Groups
Yahoo groups allow you to create groups that you can invite others, post like any other forum, and have multiple discussions.
- My Yahoo
With My Yahoo, you can customize and create your own personalized start page, based on your interests as well as other available features such as themes and colors.
- Yahoo News
Like yahoo entertainment, with Yahoo News you get access to the news from all around the world as well as the United States
- Yahoo Search
Once you create and log in to your Yahoo account, you can also use it as your default web search engine (browser) to find anything online; websites, videos, and more.
- Yahoo Shopping
Yahoo Shopping service allows you to shop in different places by browsing stores and categories including flowers, gifts, electronics, clothing, and more.
- Yahoo Weather
This is to view the current weather as well as weather forecasts wherever you are and all around the world.
Common Yahoo Mail Login Issues, and How to fix them?
Like most email software, Yahoo is not perfect. Sometimes users may also experience some yahoo mail login technical difficulties. Here are some of the most common problems and how you can fix them;
Yahoo mail login not working
First, before anything else, disable any ad blocker installed if there is, and refresh the page. They sometimes stop websites and prevent them from loading correctly
Yahoo mail so slow or buttons not working
Check out the internet browser. Make sure it is yahoo compatible and updated. Some browsers that work well with Yahoo include Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. Also, test your internet speed and see if the websites are just as slow. Try to reset your router
If none of the above works, try to clear your cache. They may be the reasons the sites are slowing down or not working at all.
Trouble signing in
If you are using a new device, yahoo will ask you to verify your account just to make sure it is you. In this case, you just need to follow instructions.
If you have had too many login attempts, your account may be locked for 12 hours, as per Yahoo’s security policy. Wait for the 12 hours to end before signing in again
If you suspect someone accessed your account without your authorization or that your account has been hacked you can always change your password from the “forgot password” option on the sign-in page.
Unable to send emails
In this case, chances are you just made a minor mistake when sending the email. Check your “sent” folder to see if your sent message is there. If it is there, then it has been sent.
If not, check your drafts folder and hit “send”. You probably just forgot to send it. Also, check the recipient’s email address to make sure all spellings are correct and that you have not blocked their address. You can also ask them to check if the email landed in their spam folder
Unable to receive emails
Check your spam folder and blocked addresses. If the message was sent to these folders, you may have to do some resetting; unblock the email address and remove it from the spam folder. Also, Countercheck with the sender to make sure they actually sent the email to you.